What’s to love about Canada? There are so many reasons we can hardly count! With Canada Day just behind us, we want to take a minute and list a few reasons why we think Canada Day should be celebrated not just on July 1, but all year long.
1. The world wouldn’t have basketball without us. If you’re a basketball fan (and with the recent Raptors’ win, you probably are), you can thank the great country of Canada. While working at a U.S. college in 1891, James Naismith (a Canadian) invented the sport of basketball.
2. Poutine! Do we even need to say it? The savoury taste of gravy, cheese curds, and French fries all mixed together is insanely delicious and completely Canadian. Are you craving some poutine? We have it at our family restaurant, so stop by today!
3. We’re hilarious. Some of the best and most well-known comedians hail from Canada– think big names like Seth Rogan, Will Arnett, Mike Myers, and Jim Carrey, just to name a few.
4. There’s some serious natural beauty in Canada. It’s no secret that Canada is beautiful, and nearly all of its 9.98 million square kilometres are stunning. With its endless rivers and lakes, three oceans, and lush forests, it’s one of the few places in the world where you could surf and ski in the same day.
5. We’re as patriotic as they come. There’s nothing better than being Canadian, and we aren’t afraid to say it! A survey released in 2008 even named Canada as the sixth most patriotic country in the world.
Why do you love Canada? Let us know in the comments below!