The mornings are chillier, the leaves are starting to turn colours, and you’re getting ready to settle in for a long and cozy winter. Although this time of the year feels like you’re barreling toward the New Year, September is a great time to assess your progress for the year, change your mindset, and make some resolutions. Not sure where to start? Here are some September resolutions to try to make the rest of 2019 memorable, enjoyable, and productive:
- Work on developing a new skill—Is there a skill you’ve always wanted to try? September is a great time to start! Take your pencils outside and sketch the changing landscaping around you, or dust off your camera and practice taking photos of all the beautiful fall colours. Or, try out a few new fall recipes, like a hearty bread or vegetable soup, to add to your dinner repertoire!
- Get outside more—Few things are better for the mind and the body than getting outside and enjoying the fresh air. Fall is an absolutely stunning time here in Ontario, so go for a few more fall walks with your dog, family, or friends to explore Collingwood, Singhampton, and other places in our local area.
- Connect with old friends—When was the last time you enjoyed a good meal with an old friend? Make a point to renew relationships with old friends you haven’t talked to in a while. Better yet, bring them to our family restaurant to try our homecooked meals and handmade desserts.
- Re-visit your history—Going back and exploring your roots is always fulfilling and interesting. Our family restaurant was originally a tavern-turned-hotel built in the 1850s, and we always enjoy looking back at our local history to see how far we’ve come.
- Make self-care a priority—Before the chaos of the holiday season sets in, make a commitment to nurture yourself and your mind. Make it a goal to mediate for a few minutes every morning, read a book you enjoy for at least 20 minutes every day, or find a new way to de-stress that helps you feel refreshed and replenished.