The holidays are fast approaching! If you and your significant other, or a group of friends, want to get in the holiday spirit, there’s no better way to do it than with the classic combination of dinner and a holiday movie. Make your evening full of holiday cheer by starting with dinner at our family restaurant and ending your evening with one of your favourite holiday films.
Our restaurant is famous for its home-cooked meals, and there’s no better way to start off any holiday-themed celebration than with our Roasted Pork Dinner, Traditional Roast Turkey Dinner, or our Schnitzel Parmesan. All of these dishes are hearty, filling, and the perfect way to begin your dinner and a movie combination. You also can’t go wrong topping off your meal with our Decadent Chocolate Cake, Gourmet Carrot Cake, or Rice Pudding!
When you’re full on delicious food and it’s time to pick a movie before you snuggle in front of the fire, here are just a few suggestions:
- It’s a Wonderful Life—This beloved tale of George Bailey is a holiday classic that will help you remember the true meaning of the Christmas season.
- Miracle on 34th Street – Which one do you like better – the original or the remake?
- A Christmas Carol – Any adaptation is a great choice, but one of our favourites is a Muppet’s Christmas Carol.
- Home Alone –Whether you watch the first one or the sequel, you’re in for some seriously entertaining holiday fun.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas –A twist on the classic holiday movie, Jack Skellington accidentally stumbles on Christmastown, where he plots to bring Christmas under his control.
- The Santa Clause—Tim Allen shines in this hilarious Christmas comedy that introduces you to the magical world of the North Pole.
- Eight Crazy Nights—Davey Stone, an alcoholic with a criminal record, learns how to reform his bad habits in this hilarious holiday movie.
- Love Actually—If you’re in the mood for some drama and romance, this holiday-themed movie follows eight different couples dealing with their love lives.
- Jingle All the Way—A classic Arnold Schwarzenegger movie! One dad falls into some crazy situations as he goes on a hunt for the hottest toy of the Christmas season.
- Elf—“Buddy the Elf! What’s your favourite colour?!” You can’t go through the holiday season without watching this movie at least once.
What’s your favourite holiday movie? Is it one on this list or a different one? The next time you’re craving some holiday cheer, come visit us for a homecooked meal and finish off your night with a holiday classic!