Located just south of the Blue Mountains, Singhampton is a charming village that highlights the best of this part of Ontario. Perfect for a stop during your next trip from out of town, here are some of our favourite things to do in the local area:
1. Nottawasaga Bluffs Conservation Area—Take a hike and explore the hardwood and coniferous forests, caves, and open meadows of this part of the Niagara Escarpment. Offering a full day of adventure and exploration, this 400-acre conservation area offers breathtaking views of the countryside that surrounds it and provides glimpses into the history of the area.
2. Devils Glen Provincial Park—For outdoor adventurists, Devils Glen Provincial Park is a site you don’t want to miss! Take a hike on either the main Bruce Trail or the Mad River side of the trail to take in beautiful views of the countryside in spring, summer, or fall.
3. Studio 124—This fantastic studio and sculpture garden is well worth a visit! Two local artisans run this studio, and their pieces feature both clay and woodwork.
4. Check Out Creemore—Go back to a simpler time by taking a quick detour to Creemore! Located near Singhampton, Creemore is home to North America’s smallest jail, Creemore Springs Brewery, a weekly farmers’ market, and many other interesting attractions.
5. Duntroon Highlands Golf Club—Do you love to golf? Take in stunning views of the Georgian Bay from this immaculate golf course.
6. Take a Quick Trip to Collingwood—Collingwood is another town just a short distance from Singhampton, which gives you quick access to biking, skiing, Sunset Point Park, and other attractions.
Of course, you can’t forget that our family restaurant is located in Singhampton, and it’s a great place to go if you’re craving a homecooked meal in a comfortable, welcoming environment. Make sure you come and visit us during your next visit to Singhampton!